Mindfulness and Meditation: keeping the practice alive (ten classes)
4 February, 2022, 9:30 am - 8 April, 2022, 10:00 pm
Even with an abundance of amazing online resources, we can find it challenging to maintain a regular meditation practice on our own.
These in-person classes are open to anyone with some experience of meditation, and who would like to re-establish or deepen their practice through regular practice in a small group.
Through guided practices and (optional) dialogue and inquiry, the classes will we’ll touch on how to:
- keep focused in a distracted world
- strengthen qualities that underpin and emerge from mindfulness (e.g. kindness, patience, nonreactivity, resilience, steadiness and self-compassion)
- incorporate mindfulness into everyday life
- bring mindfulness into our relationships and in our communication
- respond to a busy inner critic
- be with and process difficult feelings such as worry, frustration or fear.
The sessions are gentle, and practices can be adapted to accommodate individual needs. We will mostly be sitting, though we’ll also stand, stretch, lie down and walk. We might also venture in the Botanic Gardens to smell the roses or explore the Japanese art of forest bathing. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to talk to me about suitability of the classes for you or anyone else.
When are the classes?
- The ten weekly classes run on Fridays 4 February – 8 April 2022, i.e. Term 1 for NSW schools.
- You can choose the Morning or Midday sessions. (Depending on class size restrictions, occasional swapping of sessions may be possible.)
- Classes run for an hour. As they’re within workday hours we’ll start and finish promptly – and we understand if you need to arrive late or leave early: This is mindfulness for real life!
Where are the classes?
- We’ll be in the Display Room, which is at the entrance to the Botanic Gardens in Coffs Harbour. Look for the glass door on the left.
- Doors open ten minutes before we start.
What do I need to bring?
- We’ll be sitting on chairs but you’re welcome to bring meditation stools or cushions.
- A yoga mat or something comfy to lie on would be useful for lying down practices or if you want to change posture, but it’s also fine to remain seated.
- You might want to bring water and a journal to use for reflection after class.
What should I wear?
- You don’t have to wear anything special. It’s okay to come in work clothes as long as you have room at the waist to breathe easily.
How can I book?
- Select a Date (i.e. choose the Morning or Midday series of classes) -> Register -> Checkout
I want to try it out/I work shifts/I have commitments that can change. May I come on a session-by-session basis?
- Yes, though you will need to **contact me first** to see if there is space for either of the time slots. My email is email@example.com or you can book an Inquiry Call with me through calendly.com/cathgrey .
Can I book now and pay later?
- Yes. Payment needs to be received by the end of 21 January 2022 after which time your place can’t be guaranteed. Email me with: a) your name, b) your mobile number c) whether you’d like to register for the Morning or the Midday class. I’ll then book you in and give you my banking details. firstname.lastname@example.org
Let me know if there’s anything else you need from me. I look forward to being with you!
I lead mindfulness courses, workshops and retreats for groups on the NSW mid-north coast (Coffs Harbour & Bellingen area), and sometimes further afield.
To be first to know when bookings open and receive subscriber-only offers, join our mailing list or send me a message.