- This event has passed.
Stress and Mindfulness: skillful strategies for a busy world
23 March, 2019, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Ever find yourself
- caught up in distractions?
- with a racing mind that doesn’t switch off?
- being hard on yourself, and letting your inner critic beat you up?
- being easily knocked off-balance by disappointments or frustrations?
- feeling exhausted or emotionally depleted by something you used to take in your stride?
- getting cranky with colleagues and loved-ones?
- not sleeping as well as you could?
- turning to Netflix, food, alcohol, work or sleep to distract yourself?
Stress and tension have a ravaging effect on our lives, but once we understand how our mind works, we unlock our capacity to take ourselves in a new direction.
Drawing on psychology, mindfulness and neuroscience, we will look at three key principles that demonstrate how we get sucked into feeling stressed, and how we can extricate ourselves from it. We’ll practice some short secular meditations, and there’ll be time for reflection, discussion, and short private written exercises.
Anyone currently finding it hard to relax or sleep well, not able to switch off easily, or who simply wants to feel more relaxed can benefit. Participants from previous programs have said that they:
- “came away with invaluable strategies to manage and cope with anxiety, stress, difficulty”
- found it helped them “stay grounded during a difficult time” and
- “to see things more clearly (and) achieve a better balance between being and doing”.
Everyone’s welcome, whether you’re familiar with mindfulness and meditation or not, or would like to return to or deepen your mindfulness practice.
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the day. You’re welcome to use the kitchen facilities at lunchtime, or take a two-minute walk to the Happy Frog for a meal.
Policy for Refunds and Transfers
You may cancel and receive a refund up to seven days before the workshop. If, after this time you’re not able to attend, you’re welcome to transfer your ticket to someone else.
I lead mindfulness courses, workshops and retreats for groups on the NSW mid-north coast (Coffs Harbour & Bellingen area), and sometimes further afield.
To be first to know when bookings open and receive subscriber-only offers, join our mailing list or send me a message.